CulturalSIX was established in April 2010, to generate opportunities for cultural exchange. We are an independent consultancy with a track record of creative production of a wide range of events in the UK, Europe, USA, Latin America, and East Africa.
We deliver conferences, trade shows, exhibitions, concerts and tours. We work with a range of clients to identify the aims for their events, understand their audiences and scope options and costs to find ways to design amazing experiences of international note.
Founded by Co-Director Mariam Sharp, we bring together teams to deliver projects for private, commercial and non profit clients.
Our work is founded on our values of diversity, creativity, transparency, sustainability and learning. We work to develop new ways of creating sustainable international exchange with fairness as a driver for our work. This is reflected in the ways that we commission partners in the delivery of our projects.
We draw on the expertise of our network which includes:
Artists - Architects - Choreographers - Cultural theorists - Curators - Designers - Editors - Educationalists - Engineers - Ecologists - Film-makers - Historians - Musicians - Poets - Scientists - Social geographers - Technologists - Writers.
Our clients understand that we will:
- creatively respond to their project ideas
- be thoughtful of the needs of the partners involved
- understand working internationally and the cost implications of doing so
- carefully work with different departments to ensure that work is co-ordinated carefully to integrate with the overall mission of the project or client
Other aspects of our work includes research, evaluation and the development of strategy and cultural policy, with a focus on gaining an international perspective. CulturalSIX has also developed and delivered multi-million pound fundraising campaigns.
We have worked with:
Arterial Network - Arts Council England, UK - Free Word, UK - British Centre for Literary Translation, UK - University College London, UK - Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery, UK - Peninsular Arts at Plymouth University, UK - V&A - Victoria and Albert Museum, UK - Nairobi National Museum, Kenya - Nairobi Arts Trust, Kenya - EyeforTravel, Europe - Visit Britain, UK.
UNESCO - United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organisation - Science Museum, UK - Cafesjian Centre for the Arts, Yerevan, Armenia - Arts Projects and Solutions - SergeantMedia - Design Council, UK - British Museum, UK - Sony, Europe - Apple, Europe - BBC - British Broadcasting Corporation, UK - Studio Museum - Harlem, NYC - Platforma Atacama, Chile - British Council, Brazil - Barclays Wealth Management, UK - decibel - VASW - Visual Arts South West, UK - Wellcome Trust, UK - Paul Hamlyn Foundation, UK - Huza Press, Rwanda - B-Lab East Africa - Talanta Mtaani, Kenya
We advocate the importance of international cultural development. Cultural practice proves to be an excellent way to support clients that want to increase their global mindset - as part of that organisational change is key which is why it is reflected in the range of services our team delivers.
- Production of exhibitions and events
- International exchange projects
- Bespoke workshops and tours
- Audience development and engagement strategies
- Fundraising for cultural developments
- Press, PR, marketing, design and branding
- Impact audits of projects and processes, to inform your company's digital, diversity, environmental, and/or international strategies
- Business planning, income generation and fundraising for both revenue and capital growth and to ensure return on investment
We have a studio in North Devon, with extensive audio visual equipment and also work from a base in Hammersmith, London, UK. We have a wide network of partners to deliver for clients across the world.
If you want to deliver a project with an international outlook, we can help harness and deliver your ideas - to know more please contact us via the form below.